Daniel C. Maser
DANIEL C. MASER, M.S.
Over thirty years of experience in the fields of environmental, fire protection, industrial hygiene, and safety compliance. Mr. Maser has extensive experience in conducting comprehensive industrial hygiene surveys, regulatory type safety inspections, emergency incident response, chemical safety programs, application of engineering controls, hazardous waste and emergency regulations, indoor environmental quality studies, and employee training.
Master of Science in Hazardous Waste Management, Engineering Track, Wayne State University, School of Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering – 1995.
Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health – Health Option – Ferris State University – 1979.
Certified Industrial Hygienist – Comprehensive Practice – ABIH 1986 – 2023.
Certified Safety Professional – Comprehensive Practice – BCSP 1988 – June, 2027.
Registered Occupational Hygienist – CRBOH – 1991-2022
Enviroair Consultants, Inc.
Senior Professional. 1991 to Present
Co-owner of a consulting firm, which provides professional services in environmental, industrial hygiene and safety compliance; safety, health and environmental program audits; respiratory protection programs and fit-testing; employee safety, health and environmental training; emergency response training, and environmental and waste reduction assessments. Specializing in indoor environmental quality assessments, water intrusion assessments, exposure assessments during salt mining operations, identification of and hazard assessment for confined space programs, conducting zero energy audits and procedural development, chemical safety, customized employee training programs, lead abatement programs, and developing company safety and health procedures.
BDN Industrial Hygiene Consultants, Inc.
District Manager 1989-1991
Operated a branch office for this consulting firm, and supervised numerous environmental, AHERA, industrial hygiene and safety projects. Clients included Fortune 500 companies, federal facilities, and State of Michigan projects. EPA and State of Michigan Accredited AHERA Contractor/Supervisor/Inspector/Management Planner and Project Designer for asbestos projects in schools. Primary objective for BDN was to expand the company’s business toward more comprehensive industrial hygiene and environmental work.
Parke-Davis Group of Warner-Lambert Company
Regional Safety Engineer – Biological & Sterile Products Division. 1983-1989
Administrated all environmental, fire protection, industrial hygiene and safety programs for the Sterile and Biological Pharmaceutical Operations. Responsible for all interaction with regulatory agencies affecting the above fields of responsibility. International Loss Control Institute – Safety Program Auditor for Warner-Lambert Company. Established and trained an in-house emergency response team for responding to first-aid type fires and chemical incidents, and established incident command scenarios with local authorities. Assisted in the instruction of an industrial ventilation class for plant engineers corporation-wide. Participated as an instructor for a local exhaust ventilation system design review seminar for engineers within the global operations of Warner-Lambert.
Nabisco Brands, Inc.
Corporate Industrial Hygienist and Safety Engineer. 1980-1983
Responsible for strengthening and expanding industrial hygiene programs, performing employee exposure monitoring, conducting safety and health audits for more than 30 company locations, handling health and safety regulatory issues and developing company safety and health policies.
Clayton Environmental Consultants, Inc.
Industrial Hygiene Technologist. 1979-1980
Performed a multitude of industrial hygiene and stack emission studies in a variety of different industries. Developed a laboratory scale effluent treatment process for a rubber company, was a NIOSH PAT Certified asbestos fiber counter and an EPA Certified Visible Emission Observer.
Ferris State College
Safety and Health Technician. 1978
Conducted regulatory type safety and health inspections through out the university’s technical program classrooms and facilities.
- Michigan Industrial Hygiene Society:
Reg. & Leg. Comm. 1993-1994
Past President 1992-1993
Treasurer 1989-1990 and 1996 – 1998
Board of Directors 1987-1989.
- Member of the Executive Sub-committee of the Oakland County Local Emergency Planning Committee 1988-1992.
- Member of the Chemical Division of the Michigan Safety Conference 1985-1992.
- Member and co-chair of the Industrial Hygiene Division of the Michigan Safety Conference 1992-1994.
- Law Committee for the American Industrial Hygiene Association:
Round Table Co-chair 1992-1993.
- Over-sight Committee for the American Industrial Hygiene Association:
- Safety Committee for the American Industrial Hygiene Association:
- Recognized and awarded the status of “Fellow” by the Board of Directors for the American Industrial Hygiene Association in 2010.
- IEQ SIG for the American Industrial Hygiene Association: 2003-2005
- Co-instructor (1993-1999), for an annual PDC on Local Exhaust Ventilation – An Introduction to Proper Design, Operation and Testing held during the American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Symposium.
- Substitute instructor at Madonna University located in Livonia, Michigan. Taught subjects on air sampling and methods.
- Adjunct Instructor (1996 to 2008) at Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan. Teach industrial hygiene and environmental health and safety for undergraduate students.
- Part-time Faculty (2010 to 2013) at Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. Redesigned and taught the graduate course titled: Industrial Ventilation. This class was taught to students seeking a graduate degree within the Occupational and Environmental Health Graduate Program.
- Member of the American Industrial Hygiene Association, 1979 to Present.
- Member of the American Society of Safety Professionals, 1980 to 2022.
- Member of the Michigan Industrial Hygiene Society, 1980 to 2022.
- Member of the American Academy of Industrial Hygiene.
- Member of the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists, 1993 to Present.
- Co-editor of an American Chemical Society Book titled: Chemical Process Hazard Review 1985.
- Co-author of Tuberculosis in the Workplace Pocket Guide, Genium Publishing Corporation, 1995.
- Author of Indoor Air as a Remediation Driver, Environment, Energy, and Resources Law – The Year in Review 2008, American Bar Association, 2009
Enviroair Consultants, Inc.
47519 Van Dyke Ave.
Shelby Township, Michigan 48317
Toll Free: 888-5-ENVIRO